Regent Independent College is proud to be a UK Visas and Immigration Tier 4 sponsor. Our Sponsor Licence Number is 0MNCW9JW1.
The Tier 4 status is a category of licence that is awarded to sponsors by UK Visas and Immigration if they have a track record of recruiting genuine students who comply with the UK’s immigration rules and providing a quality service.
To view an official list of government approved educational establishments which includes our listing (please look for Regent Group), please follow this link, https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/870416/2020-03-05_Tier_4_Register_of_Sponsors.pdf
Regent Independent College has many years of experience in welcoming students of all ages and abilities from all parts of the world for a variety of courses.
Why study in London?
Britain is well known to have one of the most successful education systems in the world and this is why, year after year, students flock to the UK to experience it firsthand. Many of them of course, choose to come to London.
As well as enjoying a gold-standard quality of education…
- Students will enjoy access to a wealth of traditional, esteemed British universities where they can pursue academic excellence in esteemed establishments.
- Students will then have access to unparalleled employment opportunities.
- Students can take advantage of a whole range of experiences and attractions in the city, more details of which can be found in the Studying in London section below.
Why choose Regent Independent College
We understand that international students have differing needs and act accordingly.
We welcome students from all over the world and we cherish the cosmopolitan atmosphere that this brings to the College.
We understand that when a parent sends their child overseas to ensure that they receive a high quality education, it is not done without doubts and concerns. We understand that it is not only our responsibility to teach our international students, but it is also our responsibility to ensure that there is someone to turn to in the College should they need advice or assistance on any matter.
We have many years of experience of receiving international students and are well versed in dealing with the problems that students experience when adjusting to a life in the United Kingdom and supporting them through their period of adjustment.
Therefore, we will assist students in such matters as:
- Planning travel arrangements to the United Kingdom
- Setting up bank accounts
- Registering with the Health Services
Students can take advantage of the lower livings costs whilst studying here in the suburbs, but still access central London very easily and quickly via the excellent public transport links and enjoy the delights of the most exciting capital in the world.
Regent Independent College will accept applications from international students for all the courses on offer on this website.
If you are looking for Higher education qualifications (above Level 3 on the National Qualifications Framework), please go to our sister site, www.rcl.ac.uk
Of course, the main advantage that we can offer is that our class sizes are kept small. For an international student, this is particularly important, as they can feel as if they are floundering in more traditional large classes.
Our classes ensure that students get the individual time and personalised attention from the teaching staff that is necessary to progress.
We also recognise that for those students for whom English is not their mother tongue, extra assistance in English may be required, therefore, we run English language classes which help our international students equip themselves with the necessary language skills that are so essential to succeed in their examinations.
The Application Process for International Students
You can study in the UK without a student visa if:
- You are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland;
- You are a British overseas territories citizen, unless you are from one of the sovereign base areas in Cyprus;
- You are a Commonwealth citizen with permission to enter or stay in the UK because at least one of your grandparents was born here; or
- You have no conditions or time limit attached to your stay
If none of the above apply to you, then you must apply for a visa in order to pursue studies at Regent Independent College. Students wishing to obtain a visa must do so under the Tier 4 entry regulations of UK Visas and Immigration. The application process is outlined below but for full details of the process, please refer to the UK Visas and Immigration website at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration
- The student will contact us to make an application for the course.
- The College will send the student a conditional offer letter if they are deemed suitable for the course.
- The student will send us a completed Application Form, a copy of the passport and proof that the student has sufficient funds in their bank account for his or her tuition fees and living costs for the duration of the course. The student must also prove via certification with one of the UK Visas and Immigration approved bodies that their English language skills are sufficient to undertake the course.
- This must be accompanied by a deposit equivalent to one month’s tuition fees.
- Once this has been received and verified by the College, we will issue a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies letter (CAS).
- The student may then use this to obtain their visa under the UK Visas and Immigration Points Based System. The CAS counts for 30 points. Tier 4 students need 40 points to be granted a visa. The remaining 10 points come from the Maintenance and Fund Test.
Studying in London
British education has always been considered the ‘Gold Standard’ across the world. London is currently home to more than 90,000 international students from over 200 different nations, more than any other city in the world and the numbers keep growing. As well as offering a traditional British high quality education, there are many other reasons why so many students want to come and study here. In addition, to the facilities offered by Regent Independent College, students are also able to take advantage of other study facilities in London such as the many libraries around the city offering a truly astounding array of resources. If you wish to, you are also able to sign up for additional classes at evening schools around the city. London is not only a centre of academic excellence; it is a centre of cultural excellence too. One of Europe’s cultural capitals, London never stands still. If you’re looking for fine art, music and entertainment, London will not disappoint. With 200 attractions plus 90 museums and galleries that offer free entry, you will have no problem in keeping yourself occupied in your free time.
Here at Regent, we are situated in north-west London in the suburbs. This means that students benefit from both worlds; a quiet environment in which to study and to go about their daily lives, and easy access to a thriving and exciting capital city with a breath-taking array of activities on offer.
Regent Independent College is lucky enough to be situated just one minute’s walk from Rayners Lane Tube Station on Zone 5 of the London Underground and is served by both the Metropolitan and Piccadilly Lines which means the bright lights of the city centre are just twenty minutes away.