The safeguarding team at Regent Independent College comprises:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead: Sean Buckley
Contact: 07494794611 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Clare Harvey
Contact: 07539013493 / email@example.com
The Designated Safeguarding Lead, the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead, the management staff, the admin staff, teachers and support staff at Regent Independent College all fully recognise their responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of the young people in our care, and that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. This responsibility encompasses the following principles:
- To protect students from harm (maltreatment)
- To prevent impairment of student’s health and development
- To ensure that all students are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care thus enabling students to have optimum life chances and to enter adulthood successfully
- To treat the interests of our students as paramount (taking into consideration their disability, culture and history, and recognising the vulnerability of SEND students)
- To consider at all times the best interests of the student
You may also find the following resources helpful.
|Support Line Telephone Helpline
|Provides emotional support and information relating to other helplines, counsellors and support groups throughout the UK including helplines and face to face for young people
|0808 808 4994
|It is a free telephone and email helpline which can connect a child or young person to any UK helpline where appropriate. www.getconnected.org.uk
|Emotional support for children and young people on issues relating to child abuse, bullying etc.
|Child Law Advice line
|0808 802 0008
|Represents the interests of children and young people in matters of law and policy affecting them. Providing free advice and information service by letter and phone. Free representation service to children and parents in education disputes.
|020 7008 0151
|Enter Forced Marriages into search bar at top of site – Service provided by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office to protect young people from forced marriages abroad. Service offers help to young people in these circumstances to help get them back to the UK.
Foreign & Commonwealth Office – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
|0845 790 9090
|24hr service offering emotional support. www.samaritans.org
|Site aimed at children and young people with advice on staying safe online, online games, chatrooms, email and mobile phones
|If you have concerns and fears relating to your parents divorce click on ‘Child Aid’ button at top of home page and then go to the Child or Teenager section as appropriate.
|Has a teens section dealing with issues like body image, sexual health, drugs, alcohol etc
|Online information on local youth information, advice, counseling and support services